OnCommand System Manager
The common login or authentication issues that are reported with OnCommand System Manager (OCSM) are listed below:
- Incorrect admin or password. Verify you have the right admin credentials to access the cluster.
- Incorrect cluster management LIF used for opening OnCommand System Manager. The cluster management LIF is required to access OCSM, node management LIF will not work.
- The cluster-management LIF should be pingable.
- Incorrect privileges set for cluster management LIF. If this LIF does not have admin privileges, the login will not work.
- For below issues, see article OnCommand System Manager 3.X Articles Re: System Manager Connection to 7-Mode Data Ontap
- Incompatible version of Java and Browsers while accessing OCSM. The pre-requisite for accessing offbox OCSM is to have the correct Java and browser version. Java 7 without TLS is required for SM 3.1.x. Java 8 with TLS option enabled is required for SM 3.1.2.
- 500 connection refused error.
- The system Web services are not up and running. Run the command:
system service web show
http/httpsaccess for the admin user. Run the command:
security login show
- Incomplete cluster setup (
system service web showhas a status 'unclustered', there is no cluster management lif, or nodename is "localhost"):
Complete setup using the System Setup utility and then try to connect to the cluster using OnCommand System Manager.
- System Manager doesn't load or doesn't load post upgrade due to ssl not being enabled.