- ONTAP 9
- Cluster Network Switches
- NetApp Cluster Switches
- Broadcom Switches
- Cisco Switches
- Call home for Health Monitor process cshm: SwitchPowerFail_Alert
The SwitchPowerFail_Alert is sent when the cluster switch operational status reads as failed.
HA Group Notification (Health Monitor process cshm: SwitchPowerFail_Alert[Swtich Name/PowerSupply-1]) ALERT
event log show -severity * -message-name callhome*
[Node Name: mgwd: callhome.hm.alert.major:alert]: Call home for Health Monitor process cshm SwitchPowerFail_Alert[Switch Name/PowerSupply-1].
system health alert show -node <node name> -monitor cluster-switch -alert-id SwitchPowerFail_Alert
Node: Reporting Node Name
Class of Alert: SwitchPowerFail_Alert
Severity of Alert: Major
Probable Cause: Power_supply_failure
Probable Cause Description: "$(cluster_switch_power.psu-name)" on switch "$(cluster_switch_power.device)" is missing or is not operational.
Possible Effect: Power supply redundancy on switch "$(cluster_switch_power.device)" might be lost.
Corrective Actions: 1) Ensure that the power supply units supplying power to the switch are turned on.
2) Ensure that the power cord is securely connected to the power supply of the switch.
- Verify the power supply is installed.
- Verify the power supply is receiving power.
- Replace the power supply if it is determined to be defective.