- NetApp E-Series. Includes:
- Legacy platforms: E26xx, E54xx, E27xx, E55xx, E56xx and associated EF-series
- Linux-based (LEOS) platforms: E28xx, E57xx, and associated EF-series; And EF600 and EF300.
- E-Series Controller Firmware (Legacy): 7.xx and 8.xx
- E-Series SANtricity OS (LEOS): 11.40, 11.50, 11.60 and 11.70
This article describes the procedure to migrate a volume group from one E-Series storage system to another.
The following are the potential reasons to migrate a volume group:
- Upgrading a current storage system or upgrading to a new storage system, such as:
- A Controller Firmware upgrade
- A Controller Hardware upgrade
- A complete storage system upgrade
- Transport to a new location, such as:
- Data center relocation due to changes in business needs
- Emergency evacuation
- Offline Storage