Does the DIMM need to be replaced?
- Yes, if ONTAP (using Dynamic memory algorithm) sends a notification for an excessive correctable memory issue the memory should be replaced as soon as possible.
Is the replacement disruptive?
- No, the memory is replaced performing takeover and giveback.
How urgent is the replacement?
- NetApp recommends replacing the DIMM at the earliest scheduled opportunity.
How do I check the status of the RMA or Engineer?
What is the procedure to replace the DIMM?
- The guides for your platform can be found here. Select your platform, then DIMM from the Maintain section.
|AFF A200 / FAS2600|
|AFF A220 / FAS2700|
|A250 / FAS500f|
|AFF A300 / FAS8200|
|AFF A400 / FAS8300 / FAS8700|
|AFF A700 / FAS9000|
|AFF/FAS 80xx series|
How long will the replacement take?
- Depending on platform the replacement might take up to 2 hours excluding prior preparations.
What steps should be done on the system in advance of the replacement?
- A takeover of the node where the memory needs to be replaced can be performed.
- For a 2-node MetroCluster, a switchover will be required.
Which DIMM needs to be replaced?
- The defective DIMM is called out in the case symptom
- It can be verified using the
memory dimm showcommand
What is the impact of leaving the identified DIMM in the system?
- The DIMM is degraded and might result in an unexpected disruption of the node.