- Storage shelf expansion
- Correct SAS cabling
- HA pair in MultiPath
- SinglePathToDiskShelf alert example:
::> system health alert show
Resource: Shelf 1.1
Indication Time: Wed May 11 21:14:22 2022
Probable Cause: Controller node_name has only a single-path configuration to disk shelf 1.1. This might occur
when the controller does not have dual-path configuration to stack 1, a SAS HBA port on the
controller connected to the disk shelf is disabled, or shelf-to-shelf cabling is incorrect.
Possible Effect: Access to disk shelf 1.1 via controller node_name might be lost with a failure of controller 0a port, a
single shelf-to-shelf cable or a single disk shelf IOM.
Corrective Actions: 1. Consult the guide applicable to your IOM12 disk shelf to review cabling rules and complete the SAS cabling worksheet for your system.
2. Connect controller node_name to the first and last disk shelf of stack 1 using active SAS HBA ports.
3. Verify that controller node_name is cabled to IOM A at one end and IOM B at another end of stack 1.
4. If disk shelf 1.1 is located between two disk shelves within stack 2, verify that IOM A and IOM B are properly cabled to their independent domains.
5. Contact technical support if the alert persists.
- Temporary EMS alert messages:
Tue May 17 20:08:01 +0200 [node_name: mgwd: callhome.hm.alert.major:alert]: Call home for Health Monitor process nchm: SinglePathToDiskShelf_Alert.
Tue May 17 20:09:31 +0200 [node_name: schmd: hm.alert.raised:alert]: Alert Id = DualControllerHa_Alert , Alerting Resource = 0a:0b:0c:0d:0e:0f:00:0a raised by monitor system-connect
Tue May 17 20:13:01 +0200 [node_name: mgwd: callhome.hm.alert.major:alert]: Call home for Health Monitor process schm: DualControllerHa_Alert[0a:0b:0c:0d:0e:0f:00:0a].
Tue May 17 20:24:31 +0200 [node_name: schmd: hm.alert.cleared:notice]: Alert Id = DualControllerHa_Alert , Alerting Resource = 50:0a:09:80:0e:97:15:80 cleared by monitor system-connect