- ONTAP 9
- This resolution guide is intended to discuss NetApp Storage Efficiency and how it impacts SnapMirror replication
- NetApp Storage Efficiency technologies include
- Data compaction
- Temperature Sensitive Storage Efficiency (TSSE)
- Extended Compressed Data
- Aggregate Deduplication
- Hardware Offload Storage Efficiency
- When SnapMirror transfers are not storage efficient (LRE), SnapMirror network compression can help gain some savings while replicating over the network.
- For more information, see section 7.2 in the SnapMirror Configuration and Best Practices Guide TR-4015.