- Brocade 6520 Fabric OS (FOS) versions prior to 7.4.0
- Other Brocade models running FOS versions prior to 7.3.1a
- One or more ports or components on the Brocade switch may go offline permanently.
- Additionally, the switch may become unresponsive to SSH or web commands in some situations.
- I2C access failures leading to various symptoms such as:
slotshowcommand output may flag some components with an
"*", indicating no i2c access to that component.
switchshowcommand output may indicate “
Speed Mismatch / Incompatible SFP”
tempshowcommand output may display "
- Console log (
dmesg) may include:
pcf954x_select_mux: Failed to select the I2C mux (addr=76, val=08, err=-1 id=0)!
• In the RAS logs, look for the below errors.
[HIL-5010], 17389714/0, CHASSIS, WARNING, Brocade6520, Warning, license id access problems (-4)!!, hil_sb_wwn_conf, line: 232, comp:secd,
[LIC-5015], 17389715/0, CHASSIS, ERROR, Brocade6520, Failed to get WWN from HIL. Return code -4 . , id.c, line: 80, comp:secd,
[LIC-5002], 17389716/0, CHASSIS, ERROR, Brocade6520, Error reading license records. , db.c, line: 314, comp:secd,
[EM-5010], 17389717/0, CHASSIS, WARNING, Brocade6520, wwn card slot_out ignored for onboard fru seeprom, OID:0x46100000, power.c, line: 3414, comp:emd,