- Active IQ Unified Manager 9.6+
- OnCommand Unified Manager 6.x,7.x +
- OnCommand Workflow Automation (WFA)
This article describes the procedure to use OnCommand Unified Manager (UM) as a tool to create SnapVault/SnapMirror relationship for unprotected volumes from
volume and protection page of UM GUI.
- Unified Manager must be connected to WFA server from the Unified Manager Web UI. For integrating Unified Manager and WFA
- For Mirror protection (requires an active SnapMirror license)
- For Backup vault protection (requires an active SnapVault license)
- Ports needs to be open for NDMP communication between the following devices:
- UM server to source and destination cluster mgmt lifs (port 10000)
- Intercluster (IC) LIF between the clusters (port 11104, 11105 and 18600-18699)
- For more information, see the How to manage NDMP on storage system guide.
- User can reduce the port range by using the option '
ndmpd.data_port_range' for IC LIFs.
- Run the following command:
vserver services ndmp modify -vserver * -data-port-range 18600-18699”
- Vserver scoped needs to be enabled with the NDMP allowed protocols verification. For more information, see How to enable SVM-scoped (Vserver-scoped) NDMP.
- Create a Vserver NDMP password. For more information, see How to configure NDMP authentication in the 'SVM-scope'(Vserver-scoped) mode.
- Cluster and Vserver peers must be intact and running
- Both source and destination clusters must be added to the UM server and have successful inventory without any errors
- Users/Permissions involved to setup the protection relationship are:
- UM: admin with OnCommand Administrator
- Cluster: Local Cluster Admin Account
- Make sure to collect the following information before creating 'SnapMirror' or 'SnapVault' relationships on a source volume:
- Source volume type should be read-write
- Destination cluster name
- Destination Vserver name
- Destination aggregate
The following management tools can also enable cluster or storage virtual machines (SVM) administrator to manage SnapMirror or SnapVault protection
- OnCommand Workflow Automation
- OnCommand System Manager