NetApp StorageGRID 11.x
The issue is functionally cosmetic as it does not actually impact GRID function. It when overhead is calculated during one of the following operations:
- Node creation during deployment.
- Node creation during expansion.
- Node recovery.
- Node reboot
After, the values for one or more Object Store volumes (RangeDBs) show zero usage or a too low amount.
NOTE: This can go unnoticed until a sizable amount of data has been ingested.
This can be identified by one or more of the following examples:
- StorageGRID node LDR overview for individual volumes show inconsistent values for "Replicated Data" or "EC Data".
- Space usage dropped after replacement of hardware
- One node showing a different used %:
- One site showing a higher usage than the other when using a copy per site ILM rule:
- The usage is different from the size reported by ONTAP within a Fabric Pool configuration.