- Oncommand Unified Manager Core (OCUM) 5.x
- Data Fabric Manager (DFM) 5.x
This article describes the procedure to be followed to monitor existing Data Protection relationships without importing them fully into Protection Manager.
Following are the two reasons for the users not to import the relationship into Protection Manager:
- To buy into policy-based management:
- You have to create the management constructs within Protection Manager (Datasets, Protection Policies and Resource Pools).
- Some users do not want to add this layer of abstraction in order to manage a handful of relationships, the users just want to know the existing lag times and be alerted if the times exceed beyond an acceptable level.
- Once imported into Protection Manager, the Data Fabric Manager (DFM) server (and not the storage controller) is responsible for scheduling the relationships.