- NetApp SF-Series
- NetApp H-Series
Depends on the window of the maintenance there are different scenarios as below:
- If the maintenance window is less than 1 hour to refer:
- Only need to power off temporary:
- Only need to reboot to refer:
- Other need to enter maintenance mode to refer:
- 12.0 and prior version by manual: How to place an Element storage node into manual maintenance mode (12.0 and prior)
- 12.2 and above version: How to use Maintenance Mode in Element Software
- If the maintenance window is lager than 1 hour, it recommends moving the node away from the cluster then perform the action.
- if need to reboot or shutdown the node, refer How to reboot or shutdown a SolidFire storage node which is not in a cluster
- For the reboot or shutdown for a node, it can also be implemented on the iDRAC/BMC:
Power Off Server - Immediate : Select this option to immediately power off the server.
Power On Server : Select this option to power on the server.
Power Cycle Server : Select this option to first power off, and then reboot the system (cold boot).
Reset Server : Select this option to reboot the system without powering off (warm boot).
Power Off Server - Orderly Shutdown : Select this option to initiate operating system shutdown prior to the shutdown.
For how to power off/on a whole cluster: How to gracefully shut down and power on a NetApp Solidfire/HCI storage cluster