- Brocade Fibre Channel switches
This article covers the procedure of upgrading/downgrading firmware on a Brocade switch.
|This procedure does not apply to fabric-attached MetroCluster.|
- This procedure requires an FTP service running on a Windows or UNIX workstation. Microsoft IIS is tested and supported by Brocade.
- For older versions of Fabric OS, a stepped upgrade may be required. See the Brocade Fabric OS Target Path Selection Guide.
v7.4.x —> v8.0.x —> v8.1.x
- Obtain the firmware version; see How to obtain Brocade Fabric OS from NetApp
- Ensure the configuration of the switch is backed up prior to the upgrade via the
- Upgrade the switch
- Verify that the workstation can ping the Brocade switch
- Locate the extracted firmware directory structure in
- Run the
firmwaredownloadcommand on the brocade switch. Firmware update can be done through the CLI or the web interface
- Provide the workstation IP address
- Login as anonymous or a valid FTP user
- Provide the path to the firmware directory relative to the
For v8.4.0, the path is as follows:
release.plist file is not listed in the root of the firmware directory (
/fw/v8.4.0), but the firmware will use the appropriate
release.plist file in the child directory, based on its switch type.
- Switch will update the secondary firmware, reboot, update the primary, then reboot for the final time.
- Once completed, confirm by typing