- This article describes the procedure to check disk zeroing status of a partitioned disk.
- Zeroing a disk writes zeros to the entire disk and must be done before a disk can be reused in another aggregate.
storage disk zero sparescommand zeroes out all non-zeroed RAID spare disks.
- The command runs in the background and can take much time to complete, possibly hours, depending on the number of disks to be zeroed and the capacity of each disk.
- Having zeroed spare disks available helps avoid delay in creating or extending an aggregate.
- Spare disks that are in the process of zeroing are still eligible for use as creation, extension, or reconstruct disks.