- All Flash FAS - AFF Models
- ONTAP 9
NetApp Storage efficiency technologies on AFF systems are adaptive in nature and automatically throttle based on client workload.
- An inline efficiency engine constantly monitors client latency and throughput.
- Whenever there is a spike in latency, the efficiency operations are momentarily paused till the latency returns to normal, so that client operations are not affected.
- In summary, the inline efficiency engine is designed in such a way as to maximize efficiency without affecting performance SLAs.
- The efficiency engine is also intelligent to identify incompressible data and does not waste system resources trying to compress such data.
For AFF systems, NetApp recommends using all the default efficiency technologies (outlined in the Required Configuration section below), regardless of the workload.