- ONTAP 9
- NetApp Volume Encryption overview
- DAR (Data At Rest encryption)
- NODAR (No Data At Rest encryption)
- NetApp provides ONTAP versions both with and without support for volume encryption
- These are commonly referred to as DAR (with volume encryption support) and NODAR (without volume encryption support)
- It is possible to ugprade ONTAP from NODAR to DAR
Upgrading to a New Version of ONTAP
Perform an Automated nondisruptive upgrade (ANDU) to the new version of ONTAP using the DAR installation image.
Keeping the Same Version of ONTAP
- Download and install the DAR ONTAP image manually
- The manual nondisruptive upgrade (rolling method) using CLI for ONTAP upgrades must be followed and requires a reboot of the nodes in the cluster
- Which ONTAP image should I download? Non-restricted Countries or Restricted Countries?
- How to identify if the running ONTAP version supports NetApp Volume Encryption (NVE)
- How to determine if the running ONTAP version supports NetApp Volume Encryption (NVE) via AutoSupport data
- Obtaining ONTAP software images