- ONTAP 9
- MetroCluster Health Monitoring (Fibre channel switches)
- Cluster Network swtiches
- Call home for Health Monitor process cshm: SwitchPowerNotOperational_Alert
The SwitchPowerNotOperational_Alert is sent when the cluster switch operational status reads as not operational.
HA Group Notification from Cluster-04 (Health Monitor process cshm: SwitchPowerNotOperational_Alert[CN1610-down/PowerSupply-2]) ALERT
event log show -severity * -message-name callhome*
[Node Name: mgwd: callhome.hm.alert.major:alert]: Call home for Health Monitor process cshm: SwitchPowerNotOperational_Alert[Switch Name/PowerSupply-1].
system health alert show -node <node name> -monitor cluster-switch -alert-id SwitchPowerNotOperational_Alert
Node Reporting Node Name
Alert ID SwitchPowerNotOperational_Alert
Alerting Resource CN1610-up/PowerSupply-1
Indication Time <date/time>
Perceived Severity Major
Probable Cause Out_of_service
Corrective Actions 1) Ensure that the power supply unit (PSU) is turned on through switch CLI.
2) Run diagnostics on switch to check the operational status of PSU. For instructions about how to run switch diagnostics, see the switch's configuration guide
Perform the following steps:
- Verify the power supply is installed.
- Verify the power supply is receiving power.
- Replace the power supply if it is determined to be defective.