- Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC)
- Physical Raw Device Mapping (RDM) LUNs
- Cluster Across Boxes
- After setting a LUN offline and online(to enable space_allocation), all related paths stay down in one of two ESXi hosts
- Windows disk was offlined within the Microsoft cluster node which is a virtual machine (VM) before the procedure but not ESXi
- The other host with the VM cluster node still attaching the RDM in question has no access issues.
- On the affected host:
- Initiator rescans do not rediscover the LUN.
esxcli storage core device liststill contains the LUN
esxcli storage nmp path listdisplays all paths for that LUN as permanently lost.
esxcli storage core device world listdisplays the VM name with the NAA of the LUN in question
[root@esx:~] esxcli storage core device world list | grep my-vm
naa.600a0980774f6a352d5d4a684exxxxxx 2121675 1 vmm0:my-vm