How to troubleshoot VAAI cloning issues in ONTAP SAN configurations
- VMware vSphere
- One of the basic primitives in the VAAI (vStorage APIs for Array Integration) toolbox is its ability to perform offloaded clones of virtual machines in VMware environments also known as 'Hardware Accelerated Move'
- VAAI for SAN is natively supported by ESX.
- This article aims to help simplify the configuration steps and troubleshooting methodology by helping you determine if:
- Offloading should be occurring.
- If ESX is requesting the offloading to occur, AND
- If the controller is receiving and executing the offloading requested.