What is the maximum configurable SSD cache size on E-Series storage systems?
- Last Updated:
E-Series Systems with SSDs to be used with SSD cache.
- Maximum amount of configurable SSD cache for an array is related to the controller's primary cache size.
- This chart shows the amount of SSD cache configurable for various primary cache size of the controllers:
|Controller Cache Size||Configurable SSD Cache Size|
|< 1 GB||1 TB|
|> 1 GB - 2 GB||2 TB|
|> 2 GB - 4 GB||4 TB|
|> 4 GB||5 TB|
- Controller's primary cache size will be smaller than the controller installed memory size
- The size difference will vary depending on the release version and array configuration.
- Current maximum is 5TB of SSD cache for any system configuration.
- Primary cache size is equal to the cache of one controller in a redundant array.
- Example: An array with two 2600 controllers with 2 GB of cache each will only be able to configure 2 TB of SSD cache.