What are the options to change a traditional volume group to a Dynamic Disk Pool on E-Series storage systems?
- Last Updated:
E-Series Storage Array
There is currently no quick and easy process or option to convert a traditional volume group to a Dynamic Disk Pool (DDP) setup. However, there are some work-around procedures that could be used for this type of conversion, as shown below.
Backup and Restore:
- Back up the system you would like to convert.
- Create a disk pool and volumes.
- Restore data from the backup.
Using Volume Copy:
- Create a disk pool using spare drives (a minimum of 11 drives per disk pool).
- Use the volume copy feature.
Using the Remote Mirroring feature:
- Create a Remote Mirror relationship on a separate system between the traditional volume and the Disk Pool volume.
- Synch the volumes.
- Once the volumes are completely synchronized, break the mirror and use the newly created mirrored volume as the main volume.
For further information, contact Technical Support via a support case.