- NetApp E-Series and EF-Series
- NetApp SANtricity OS
This assumes the troubleshooting steps in Knowledge Base Article(KB) NetApp E-Series poor performance are already performed. If this has not been completed, refer to this KB first before opening a technical support case.
In order to troubleshoot E-Series and EF-Series performance related issues, please provide as much detail as possible (when applicable) to benefit the troubleshooting process. Upload any attachments or logs to the case from below list:
- Gather and upload the following files:
- Collect a support bundle
- Collect trace buffers
- Collect an export of the IMT report. Refer to How to access and use the Interopability Matrix Tool (IMT)
- Any performance related data that has already been captured. For example: Windows diskspd or Linux FIO
- Answer the following questions regarding the performance issue:
- What is the expected performance in terms of read and write performance?
- Is the performance issue related to throughput, IOPs and/or latency?
- When did the performance issue start? Provide date and/or timestamp.
- List any changes made to the system when the performance issue started. For example: Firmware upgrades or new hosts added to the Array
- Where the performance issue is being seen? For example: SANtricity, Host or application
- If the performance issue is constant or intermittent
- If the performance issue is during certain times or the day or during certain I/O loads
- Any other details that are worth sharing about the performance issue
- Answer the following questions regarding the system and setup:
- What is the system being used for? For example: Databases, Applications, VMware, Hyper-V, Backups (like Commvault or Spectrum Protect)
- Which RAID setup is used and why was this chosen?
- Which volumes are impacted ?
- Which Disk pools or Volume groups are impacted ?
- Is the system using random or sequential writes?
- If a Switch is used, provide the following detail:
- Switch manufacturer
- Switch model
- Switch firmware
- If any hardware replacement were performed that may have caused this
- Any other details that are worth sharing about the system and setup