SANtricity reports a failed initialization/reconstruction failure event. This results in a failed drive in most cases.
- Login to SANtricity Storage Manager or SANtricity System Manager
- Confirm SANtricity reports one of more of the following error messages in the Recovery GURU:
FAILED_DRIVE-Recovery Failure Type Code: 23 Failed Drive
FAILED_DRIVE-Recovery Failure Type Code: 23 Failed Physical Disk - Unassigned or Standby Hot Spare
DISK_POOL_DRIVE_FAILURE-Recovery Failure Type Code: 443 Failed Disk Pool Drive
- Confirm from the Hardware tab that the drive shows as failed
- Contact NetApp Technical Support as this will require a drive replacement
- If AutoSupport is enabled, this event should have already created a technical support case
Add your text here.