- Data ONTAP (all versions)
- VPD midplane compare test as part of VPD troubleshooting results in a VPD read failure
- A message like the below will be seen
Cluster::*> system node run -node Node-01 -command sasadmin expander_cli 0a.10 'vpd midplane_compare'
Could not read VPD id 17 (bus=2 addr=00h off=0)!
midplane_compare test failure occurred (status=14)
- A "VPD midplane compare" failure can occur in one of two scenerios:
- Both VPD EEPROMs are readable BUT the contents of one of them is corrupt, or;
- One of the VPD EEPROMs is not readable.
- This KB only references Scenerio #2.
- For assistance with Scenerio #1 please refer to KB Disk shelf reports "Backplane VPD SEEROM corrupt or unreadable"