All Cluster Mode systems with Flash Pool Aggregate
- Flash Pool is an aggregate that includes both HDD and SDD RAID groups.
- Caching policies are applied to volumes that reside in Flash Pool aggregates.
- Normally, the default settings are appropriate, but there are situations where it might be required to modify the settings.
- You should understand how caching policies work before changing them.
- You should modify the caching policy of a volume or volumes only if a different caching policy is expected to provide better performance.
- In most cases, the default caching policy of
autois the best caching policy that you can use.
- Configuring the wrong caching policy can severely degrade volume performance; the performance degradation could increase gradually over time.