- ONTAP 9
In order to use NetApp Volume Encryption the platform has to support the AES-NI instruction set and be running ONTAP 9.1 and higher.
All next generation controllers bundled with ONTAP 9 and beyond should be supported.
Use Hardware Universe to verify support for NVE on your platform.
1. Open Hardware Universe
2. Select the 'Platforms' drop down
3. Select "Fabric Attached Storage(FAS)" or "All-Flash FAS (AFF)" depending on your system
4. Select the 'Start with Platforms' button
5. Choose your platform, ONTAP version, and then type "encryption" in the specifications filter and select all
6. Click 'Show Results'
7. Scroll down to see if NVE is supported