- ALL ONTAP operating systems
- All AFF/ FAS platforms
- If you need assistance with a STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guide), we provide a deployment guide to assist with developing one.
- Please contact your Account team and they can assist you with the guide. ask for Guide TR-4754
- TR-4754 is aimed at US government customers who have to meet the strictest security requirements.
- In order for ONTAP to be listed on the DoDIN APL it had to pass a STIG and TR-4754 includes those steps necessary to pass that STIG.
- If you’re not familiar with security hardening in ONTAP I suggest you review the TR-4569 ONTAP 9 Hardening Guide .The guide covers all of the different features we have for ONTAP hardening and allows you to choose which ones you want to take advantage of in your environment.
You can find NetApp security certs and a link to where we are listed on the DoDIN APL here
You can also automate TR-4574 with Ansible as mentioned here. Harden Your ONTAP Environment With The NetApp Ansible Security Role