7-Mode Transition Tool
7-Mode Transition Tool (7MTT) produces the following blocking error during the precheck operation:
- Error Code: 20142
- Error Type: Blocking Error
- Error Message: The Active Directory domain of the CIFS server on the 7-Mode system does not match with the Active Directory domain of the following target SVMs.
- Corrective Action: Perform one of the following corrective actions and then rerun the operation.
- If the Active Directory domains of the 7-Mode system and the target SVM are trusted domains, you can convert this error to a warning and continue with the transition.
- Reconfigure CIFS server on the target SVM to use the Active Directory domain of the 7-Mode storage systems.
- Ignore the transition of all CIFS configurations. For more information about how to ignore the transition of all CIFS configurations, see 7-Mode Transition Tool Guide.
- If you ignore the transition of all the CIFS configurations, you must manually transition all the CIFS configurations.
The Active Directory domain of the CIFS server on the 7-Mode system does not match with the Active Directory domain of the CIFS server of the target SVM.
7-Mode Transition Tool (7MTT) will still allow you to transition CIFS configurations; however, ensure that the domains configured for 7-Mode and target SVM are two-way trust relationship.
Once this prerequisite is met, you can convert this blocking error to warning, and then re-run the Precheck operation to proceed with the transition.
Note: This Precheck is implemented only from 3.0 or later versions of 7-Mode Transition Tool.