How to collect a Perfstat from clustered Data ONTAP systems using the Perfstat GUI
- Last Updated:
Applies toONTAP 8.3 or later
- Perfstat is a performance and statistics data collection tool that helps in troubleshooting issues relating to storage system performance.
- This document provides information about the Perfstat 8.4 GUI tool and the procedure that should be followed to collect performance data using the tool.
- Please follow these best practices before starting:
- Perfstat 8 is for clustered Data ONTAP only.
- Run Perfstat from a physical host or a VM not associated with the cluster being collected against.
- Do not attempt to use over a VPN connection, Perfstat is latency-sensitive and will timeout.
- Collection host should be on the same network as the cluster, avoid a lot of network hops or latency between host and cluster.
- The Perfstat application and related output files should only be stored on the local disk of the collection host.