- ONTAP 9.2 +
- CIFS clients fail to authenticate to the CIFS server
- EMS errors (secd.cifsAuth.problem) report "KRB5KRB_AP_ERR_BAD_INTEGRITY"
12/31/2018 14:12:31 cluster-01 ERROR secd.cifsAuth.problem: vserver (vserver) General CIFS authentication problem. Error: User authentication procedure failed
CIFS SMB2 Share mapping - Client Ip = 10.11.22.33
[ 2 ms] Error accepting security context for Vserver identifier (8). Decrypt integrity check failed (KRB5KRB_AP_ERR_BAD_INTEGRITY).
**[ 4] FAILURE: CIFS authentication failed
- Manual or Scheduled CIFS password reset
- Use the following command to check the last time the password was reset for the vserver
cluster::> cifs domain password schedule show -vserver <vserver>
Schedule Enabled: true <<<< Whether or not scheduled password reset is enabled
Schedule Interval: 4 week(s)
Schedule Randomized Within: 120 minute(s)
Last Changed At: Mon Dec 31 15:23:41 2018 <<<< Last time password was changed either manually or via scheduled reset
- Packet-trace of during failure shows the one of the following error codes in the Session Setup Response
- Unknown (0xC0000466)