- Microsoft Azure
- Maintenance Events - Freeze
- Cloud Volumes ONTAP 9.0 and later (Single Node in Azure)
- Cloud Volumes ONTAP 9.5 and later ( HA pair in Azure)
- Takeover / Giveback
- Non Continuously Available (CA) CIFS/SMB shares
Impact of freeze events Non Continuously Available (CA) CIFS shares:
- On single node during freeze events the CIFS shares are unavailable.
- On HA pair, connection from clients to non-CA CIFS shares is disconnected on takeover and clients have to reconnect while the node is in takeover.
- On giveback locks on CIFS shares are still in place and vetoes the giveback procedure which can be manually over-riden.
- Cloud Manager provides an optional setting to override the veto automatically.
|BURT/JIRA||Details||Fix / Workaround|
|BUG 1345629||At the end of Maintenance event , giveback was vetoed on lock manager despite option set from Cloud Manager settings to over-ride lock-manger vetoes during giveback.||Fix in Cloud Manager 3.8.7 build 12|
|CDS-1492||Cloud Manager set the incorrect bootarg
Upgrade to Cloud Manager 3.8.7 build 12 or later
Manually uncheck and then check the option on Cloud Manager to permanently set to true