- ONTAP 9
- Cloud Volumes ONTAP
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Management Information Base (MIB)
- NetApp custom MIB contains detailed descriptions of data retrieved from appliances via common SNMP clients.
- The MIB is formatted such that these clients can read it while querying the server, and display descriptions and data at the same time.
- These are available on NetApp Support Site > Tools > ONTAP MIBs for different ONTAP 9 versions.
netapp.mibfile can be retrieved by extracting the .z / .zip / .tar.gz file using file compression software like 7zip etc.
- You will need to replace the existing default
netapp.mibfile that is in the
/mroot/etc/mibdirectory on each node in the cluster with the one obtained from the respective package downloaded for the ONTAP version running on the cluster.
- Each ONTAP system also stores the MIB on the root volume itself, under
- NetApp provides MIB files only for ONTAP 9 versions.
- For 7-mode, either retrieve MIB from the ONTAP system root volume or acquired via the NetApp Communities.