- ONTAP 9.9.1 and later
- Cloud Volumes ONTAP
- Inode file capacity (maxfiles)
In many cases, you might be unsure of the maximum number of files for a volume. In ONTAP 9.9.1, a new volume option was added to command set volume modify to make setting the maximum file value (inode file capacity) easier.
Considerations before proceeding:
- The option
files-set-maximumis a one-time variable and cannot be unset.
- Resizing the volume does not automatically increase or decrease the maximum files.
- Maximum Inode file capacity is determined by the volume's size. How to determine the default and maximum inode count for my volume
- Review Considerations before increasing the Inode file capacity in ONTAP before proceeding.
- To gradually increase the maximum file value , review How to increase the maximum number of files for a flexible volume