- 7-Mode to Cluster Mode (7toC)
- SnapLock Enterprise (SLE)
- SnapLock Compliance (SLC)
- A major design change from 7-Mode is the like-to-like transition between regular, SLE, and SLC volumes.
- This change means SLC can transition only to SLC, and SLE can transition only to SLE.
- Non-SnapLock to SnapLock transitions or vice versa fail.
- Error log e xample:
ERROR smc.snapmir.init.fail: Initialize from source volume '172.20.xxx.xx:vol1' to destination volume 'svm1:vol8' failed with error 'Transfer failed.'. Relationship UUID 'xxxxxxxx'.
ERROR replication.dst.err: SnapMirror: destination transfer from 172.20.xxx.xx:vol1 to vol1 : destination volume must be a SnapLock Compliance volume.
- In the case of SLC volumes,
snapmirror resyncis not allowed if it results in the loss of data at the resync destination.