TSM snapdiff backup is failing with error 'Authorization failed'
- ONTAP 9
- IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1 (formerly TSM "Tivoli Storage Manager")
- IBM Spectrum Protect Backup-Archive Client 8.1
- Snapdiff incremental backups
- Snapdiff backups are failing to start on the Data SVM level (using snapdiff user with vsadmin role)
- Snapdiff backup operation is failing with a TSM error:
C:\Program Files\tivoli\TSM\baclient>dsmc i \\svm1\vol -snapdiff
Incremental by snapshot difference of volume '\\svm1\vol'
ANS2839E Failed with ONTAPI error 'Authorization failed' while connecting to NetApp Filer 'SVM' using user id 'snapdiff-user'. You might have provided credentials incorrectly for this Filer.
ANS2832E Incremental by snapshot difference failed for \\svm1\vol. See the error log for details.
ANS1228E Sending of object '\\svm1\vol' failed.
ANS5283E The operation was unsuccessful.
- Below event could be seen at the ONTAP
security.invalid.login: Failed to authenticate login attempt to Vserver: svm1
- A client service trace shows the following error at TSM:
[xxx] : ..\..\common\hci\NAHWInterface.cpp(6062): naEstablishConnection():
system-get-version: failed: rc=10061, reason='Can't connect to host (err=10061).'
- Backups are working fine when targeting the Admin-SVM's cluster management LIF (using snapdiff user with Admin role).