- Logical Unit Number (LUN)
- ONTAP 9
Over Provisioning or Thin Provisioning in ONTAP can allow for a LUN size to be set/resized to more than the
Maximum Autosize of its containing volume
- This is only applicable for environment where both the LUN and its containing volume are Thin Provisioned
- FAQ: Over Provisioning aka Thin Provisioning in ONTAP
- Understanding SAN volumes
- The available space in a volume can change over time which means that the size reported by lun maxsize can change as well.
- In addition, the maximum LUN size allowed in a lun resize command may be less than the size reported by lun maxsize.