Komprise Fpolicy Best Practice and Recommendations
What are some Best Practices and Recommendations pertaining to Komprise Fpolicy Deployments?
- Komprise has some published best practices, it requires login to their site: (komprise.com)
- The Komprise Admin Guide has several sections on using NetApp. The link to the overall Admin Guide is:
This guide is critical in ensuring that you are reveiwing both the Komprise and Netapp side Best Practices.
Review the Komprise KBs in this article for a more complete list of recommendations.
Komprise Specific Recommendations:
These recommendations are to be done in conjunction per Komprise guidelines and may require the customer reach out to Komrpise for further details\clarifications.
Per Komprise guidelines, ensure Komprise version is up to date with latest hotfixes
- For ONTAP Deployments on 9.8 and greater, upgrade to Komprise versions 4.6.1 and greater.
- The latest Komprise versions have made improvements and enhancements to help with the improvements ONTAP made in 9.8 and above.
- More Information (komprise.com - requires komprise login)
Deploy More Observers and Proxies, for example: 3x Observers and 3x Windows Proxies
- Add more Observers and Proxies to your environment to help handle the improvements made in ONTAP 9.8 and greater.
- This can help minimize any issues due to fpolicy processing delays.
- This recommendation is more a general rule, for more information, please engage Komprise for further recommendations.
- The actual recommendation may be dependent on your environment.
Netapp Specific Recommendations:
Upgrade to the appropriate versions of ONTAP that have fixes for known fpolicy related issues
- Varonis Fpolicy Best Practice and Recommendations
- Veritas Fpolicy Best Practice and Recommendations
- Komprise Fpolicy Best Practice and Recommendations
- Cloud Secure Fpolicy Best Practice and Recommendations
- Netwrix/Stealthbits Fpolicy Best Practice and Recommendations
- What are the FPolicy partner solutions for ONTAP?