ONTAP 9.7P1 and later
Introduced in ONTAP 9.7P1, the volume language can be changed from *.UTF-8 to utf8mb4
- This is non-disruptive as no on-disk conversion takes place.
- Alternatively, create a new utf8mb4 volume and migrate the data over using a file-based copy
- Modifying language of snapmirror (regular and sync snapmirror) source and destination volumes is not allowed
- For more information, see: Unable to change FlexVol language for SnapMirror source
- The command has some possibly problematic outcomes that require discussion with Support
- The solution requires Diagnostic-level recovery.
- The use of Diagnostic commands and recovery steps is potentially disruptive and should only be used with guidance from NetApp Support.