- Recovery GURU and Major Event Log (MEL) reports the following errors:
Loss of host-side connection redundancy detected
Volume not on preferred path due to AVT/RDAC failover
- Host Redundancy Lost indicates that a host only has a path to one controller. This can occur for two primary reasons:
- The host has only been set up for the connections to one controller.
- The host loses a path in the fabric that causes the path to one controller to fail. This can be the result of either of the following.
- Change in the environment such as a cabling change.
- SAN errors cause the path to failure.