SnapCenter fails to connect LUN newly created outside SnapCenter
- Last Updated:
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft Windows (SCW) 4.3.1 and above
- SnapCenter Server (SC) 4.3.1 and above
- When creating a new LUN outside of SC, SC fails to connect it due to the following error:
Failed - Failed to connect disk No disk is found on all nodes.
- The same error can come from the command line with
Connect-SdStorage(with or without
--SharedDisk)on the actual Windows
Connect-SdStorage : Failed to connect disk
No disk is found on all nodes
- SCW Job Logs (C:\Program Files\NetApp\SnapCenter\SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft Windows\job_logs show lines like the following.
2020-02-12T11:40:10.6716065+00:00 Error SDW PID=[XXXX] TID=[XXXX] Error: Failed to get partition information from disk on node <PLUGIN HOST>
2020-02-12T11:40:10.6716065+00:00 Verbose SDW PID=[XXXX] TID=[XXXX] Error: Failed to get partition information from disk on node <PLUGIN HOST> at SnapDrive.Nsf.Core.Host.PartitionManager.<>c__DisplayClass13.<ConnectDisk>b__d(String node)
- When use SC GUI Hosts => Disks => Choose Host => Connect the job fails at the Creating Windows file system stage with error:
Failed to connect disk. No disk found on all nodes