- ONTAP Tools for VMware vSphere (OTV) 9.x
- Virtual Storage Console (VSC) 9.x
- VASA Provider (VP) 9.x
- Storage Replication Adapter (SRA) 9.x
This article describes how to manually collect ONTAP Tools for VMware vSphere (OTV), Virtual Storage Console (VSC), Storage Replication Adapter (SRA), and / or VASA Provider (VP) logs when the plugin interface is unavailable. Manually collecting logs may be necessary in the following scenarios:
- You are unable to enable either the VASA Provider or SRA extensions via Virtual Storage Console > Configuration > Manage Extensions. Note that if neither the VASA Provider or SRA extension is enabled then 1) the VSC log bundle will not include VP and SRA logs and 2) the NetApp VSC, VASA Provider, and SRA virtual appliance for ONTAP Control Panel may not be available.
- You are unable to access the VSC or OTV GUI via the vSphere WebClient
For the procedure on how to collect a VSC log bundle via traditional methods (i.e. the vSphere WebClient), see KB How to gather logs for the Virtual Storage Console (VSC) plugin 7.x / 9.x using the vSphere WebClient / HTML5 UI. If either the SRA or VP extension is enabled, then the VSC log bundle collection will also have the SRA / VP logs.