- ActiveIQ Unified Manager 9.6+
- OnCommand Unified Manager 9.5 and below
- Within Unified Manager backup Schema, the number of incremental backup files that are contained within the backup chain can grow to an indefinite number
- This Knowledge Article is intended to provide a workaround to manually purge the MySQL logs that track the files that make up the "incremental backup chain", just hours before the next backup is scheduled to run
- This causes the MySQL backup utility to “forget” about the existing backup chain, which causes the MySQL backup utility to trigger a new backup chain.
- Before continuing with the workaround, it is highly recommended that one review the knowledge article: How do OnCommand Unified Manager incremental backups work?
- Note: Backup features have been updated in Unified mManager 9.7 and later.
- See KB: How do Full Backup and Incremental Backup Schedules work in ActiveIQ Unified Manager 9.7 and later?