Applies toClustered Data ONTAP 8
The latest version of the Service Processor (SP) is 1.3x branch for 32x0/62x0 and 2.1x branch for 22x0. Both SP1.3x and SP2.1x are fully qualified with the respective
platforms on Data ONTAP 8.1x or earlier. For more details, see the compatibility table: BIOS Service Processor Support Matrix
Perform the following steps if a particular node running Data ONTAP 8.1x or earlier is flagged by ARS with SP1.4x or 2.2x:
- Upgrade Data ONTAP to 8.2 or later
- Revert SP to 1.3x for 32x0/62x0 or 2.1x for 22x0 in an NDO manner using one of many generic SP upgrade procedures on the Support site.
Check System Firmware + Diagnostics Download page.
Note: When reverting to an older version of the SP, use the
-f flag and run the
sp update command to bypass the version checking and force a downgrade to the version selected.
For convenience, see the example below:
- Before beginning the downgrade, place a copy of
SP_FW.tar.gzon a Web server that is accessible from the storage controller's management network interface.
- While connected to the storage controller's serial console, press Ctrl + G to access the Service Processor CLI.
- Log in with the username 'naroot' and the password selected when setting up Data ONTAP, if any.
- Run the following command by replacing the <url> with the path to
SP> sp update <url> -f
The command will skip version checking and force a downgrade to the version selected.
- Once the update is complete, reboot the SP by running the following command:
SP> sp reboot