How to clear the secure vault on AltaVault
- not set
- Last Updated:
- The secure vault is an encrypted container where the AltaVault stores sensitive information.
- By default, the factory password is derived using the hardware components, so that the appliance can automatically unlock the secure vault.
- For added protection, a user can change the secure vault passphrase.
- The new passphrase is not stored by the AltaVault.
- It should be manually entered after every boot, before the device can resume normal operation.
- The alarm
Secure Vault Not Readyindicates that the user must navigate to Configure > Security > Secure Vault, and enter the password to unlock the secure vault.