NetApp Knowledge Base is the repository of Solutions, Answers, Procedures, and Information on NetApp Products and Services.
The Knowledge Base (KB) content is written by NetApp's Technical Experts and SMEs to provide the best self-service experience for our customers. The KB articles are designed to be easily searchable, usable, and sufficient to solve customers’ issue.
Log into the NetApp Knowledge Base
Go to https://kb.netapp.com, click on Sign in, and enter your user name and password to log into the NetApp Knowledge Base.
If you face any issues logging into the NetApp Knowledge Base, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To access helpful customer-exclusive content, please log into the KB site.
Once you log into the KB site, you can select your preferred language from the top-right corner of the page.
NetApp KB content is available in English, Japanese and Chinese.
When you log into the KB site and select Japanese/Chinese for the first time, your account will be created for the selected language as well.
If you face any issues logging into the NetApp Knowledge Base with Japanese or Chinese, email email@example.com
You can also select your preferred language for an article, and view the article in different languages.
Note: The translation on the KB site is done by Neural Machine Translation tools and is aimed to provide basic understanding of the KB content. It is a literal translation and certain words may not translate accurately. To view the original content of the article, use the English version. You can report any translation error or inaccuracy using the Feedback option available at the end of the article.
KB content can be navigated using the Content Categories or Product Categories.
These categories are available on the top of the homepage.
Advice and Troubleshooting
The Advice and Troubleshooting Category contains Product Categories and Guides based on NetApp products.
- When you click on Advice and Troubleshooting, you can see the list of Product categories under it.
- When you click on the Product category, you can see the Product guides.
- Under these guides, you will find the Solutions, How-to Procedures and Answers for NetApp products.
Category> Product Category> Product Guide> KB article
Advice and Troubleshooting> Cloud Services> Cloud Volumes ONTAP (CVO)> AWS CVOs rebooted twice after an ONTAP upgrade
Product Categories are also available on the left of the homepage. You can either directly go to the Product Category or expand a Product Category and select a Product Guide.
Under Product Guides, you can see the Article Directory that contains articles for that NetApp product.
The Featured articles tab in the Product Guide shows:
- Most popular articles based on views
- Highest rated articles based on ratings
- Recently updated articles
- Recently added articles
KB Site Breadcrumbs
On the top of the page/article, the KB site breadcrumbs are available, which help you locate (Categories> Product Category> Product Guide) where you are in the KB site.
Below the Content Categories and next to the breadcrumbs, you can see the Tree hierarchy. Click on the Tree hierarchy icon and navigate to the Product Guide. The Tree hierarchy also shows your location in the KB site.
NetApp Knowledge Base has Enhanced Search Capabilities. You can use the Global Search or Bounded Search to search for Solutions and Answers using keywords or the article title. Search recognizes content from the titles, headings, sections and metadata of articles.
The architecture of the new KB site is different from the old KB site; articles do not have a unique ID in the new site. Every article has a unique title and are differentiable with tags, which makes them more findable by search engines.
Global Search is available on the homepage as well as on the right corner of every page.
Bounded Search enables you to search within a specific Content Category, Product Category or Product Guide, making it easier to find an article belonging to a specific NetApp Product.
Export an article as PDF
Click on the Export pages as PDF icon available on the top-right corner of an article to export the article content as a PDF.
Share on Social Media
Click on the Share icon available on the top-right corner of an article to share an article on your social media account. With this feature, you can share the article on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Help & Feedback
To Submit Feedback
The NetApp Knowledge Base team is continually working on improving the self-service experience for customers on the KB site. Please send us your valuable feedback so we can provide our customers with the best Solutions and Answers on NetApp products.
To submit feedback, you can either:
- Use the click here link for feedback, available on the homepage. This takes you to Help & Feedback OR
- Directly click on Help & Feedback, available on the bottom-right corner of all pages of the KB site
Under Help & Feedback, click on Feedback
KB Request Form
If a value-added article that is important to you, is not available in the KB site, submit a request to add the article:
- Under Help and Feedback> Feedback, click on KB Request Form
- Fill the KB Request Form with the article details and mention the reason the article is critical for you.
The NetApp Knowledge Base team will review the request and let you know if we can reinstate the article in the Knowledge Base.
KB Site Feedback
To provide feedback for the KB site:
- Under Help and Feedback> Feedback, click on Provide KB Site Feedback. The Feedback window opens.
- Add your feedback/comments/suggestions and click Next
- Add your email address and click Submit
Feedback for Articles
If you see an article that needs updates or have questions on the article content, you can use the Feedback section at the end of an article.
To rate an article and submit feedback:
- Go to the end of the KB article. You will see the happy and sad icon.
- If the article is helpful, click on the happy emotion icon
- If the article is not helpful, click on the sad emotion icon
- Submit your feedback/comments/suggestions in the How can we improve this article box.
- Click on Submit feedback.
- If you are fine with the NetApp Knowledge Base team contacting you about your feedback, tick the checkbox Yes, you may contact me about this feedback.
- The NetApp Knowledge Base team will review your feedback and reply to you.
You can also directly click on Leave feedback in the Feedback section and submit your feedback/comments.
To Get Help
NetApp Support and NetApp Knowledge Base aims to provide helpful solutions, quick answers and the best experience to customers.
If you need help with any NetApp products:
- Click on Help & Feedback, available on the bottom-right corner of all pages of the KB site
- Expand the Help option and you can either:
- Click on Get help from Elio for help from NetApp's Virtual Support Assistant OR
- Click on Call us and contact NetApp Support
To learn more about the KB site:
On Help & Feedback, expand Tips and click on Knowledge Base Dashboard Tour
For information on what has changed in the KB site, see Changes to the NetApp Knowledge Base site.