Changes to Documentation Center PDFs and EPUBs
- ONTAP 9
- All Flash FAS
- AFF8000 Series
- 7-Mode Transition Tool
- OnCommand Insight 7.x
- StorageGRID Webscale
- Virtual Storage Console (VMware)
Wondering where the PDF, EPUB, and ZIP versions of some docs went? No problem. They are still available, but they have a new home.
What is happening?
For products whose documentation is delivered via Doc Center , the PDF, EPUB, and ZIP versions of the docs will be available from within the Documentation Center only. This change affects all Documentation Centers.
Changes to the PDF ZIP file
There is a new PDF download feature in the Documentation Center. You can use it to select any combination of PDFs in any language and download them to your computer. Watch the video to understand how to download PDFs.
In any Documentation Center, click Using this Documentation Center > Help > Downloading PDFs or EPUBs for offline use for instructions.
Documents that are listed individually in the tables (typically release notes and legal notices) on Product Documentation pages are not available inside the Documentation Center. You can download the PDFs individually from the table or as a set from the link on the Product Library page.
Downloading ZIP files of PDFs directly to mobile devices is not recommended. Many mobile operating systems cannot manage a ZIP file.
If a download attempt fails, try one of the following options:
- ONTAP 9 or AFF and FAS System Documentation Centers: Click the Download button before the list of PDFs is generated. You will get all PDFs in all languages.
- Other Documentation Centers: Download all the PDFs in any one language. You can deselect all the PDFs for a language by deselecting the check box that corresponds to the language. If donwloading language specific PDF fails, download the entire set as described for ONTAP 9.
Changes to NetApp Support site pages
You will see changes on some NetApp Support Site pages.
On the Product Documentation pages, the tables will no longer show the individual titles for docs that are provided in the Documentation Center. The Documentation Center is now a link in the table.
Tables will still show titles that are not provided in the Documentation Center, such as Release Notes and legal notices.
Changes to part numbers
Part numbers for Documentation Center content are changing as follows:
- English and localized editions have the same base part number (215-xxxxx)
- Alphanumeric edition suffixes (a0, for example) are replaced with a two-part suffix that indicates the publishing date and language
For example, the following part numbers all applied to the same publication in different languages: 215-13886, 215-14435, and 215-14438. Now, they all use the original English part number (215-13886) and have date and language suffixes: 215-13886_2019-08_en-us, 215-13886_2019-08_ja-jp, and 215-13886_2019-08_zh-cn.
Which products are impacted?
These changes impact the following products and any future products whose documentation is delivered via Documentation Center:
- 7-Mode Transition Tool 3.3.1
- AFF and FAS Systems
- E-Series hardware
- H-Series hardware
- Inventory Collect Tool 3.3.1
- NAS Bridge 2.0.3+
- NetApp HCI 1.4+
- OnCommand Insight 7.3.x
- ONTAP 9
- SANtricity 11.50+
- SnapCenter 3.0+
- SolidFire and Element 11.3
- Storage Replication Adapter (SRA) 9.6
- StorageGRID 11.2
- StorageGRID Webscale 11.0 and 11.1
- Unified Manager 7.2+
- VASA Provider 9.6
- Virtual Storage Console (VSC) 9.6
- Workflow Automation 4.1+
Any products whose documentation is not delivered via Documentation Center are not impacted.