How to securely erase/re-provision FDE drives on an E-Series array
- Last Updated:
- NetApp SANtricity OS 7.xx
- NetApp SANtricity OS 8.xx
- The Secure Erase operation erases all data from full disk encryption (FDE) drives so that they can be reused.
- Use this operation only when the FDE drives are no longer part of a secure volume group or disk pool or when the security key is unknown.
- When a drive is securely erased:
- A new random Encryption Key is generated by the drive.
- The drive security system is disabled.
- The drive is processed as a new drive.