What are the Wafliron phases
- ONTAP 9
The three phases of a Wafliron scan are:
Phase 1: Mount
- ONTAP mounts the inconsistent WAFL file system. To allow faster access to clients, Wafliron limits scanning to key metadata.
- Checks aggregate metadata associated with each FlexVol volume contained in that aggregate, free space metadata, and Snapshot copy sanity.
- The only status provided during this phase is a message to console logging the start of wafliron. The progress cannot be monitored during this phase.
Phase 2: File system scan
- Metadata is checked on-demand (based on client access) and also through background scans.
- Due to on-demand scanning, users may see increased latency during this phase.
- Progress can be monitored
Phase 3: Completion
- Performs clean-up tasks such as:
- Finding lost blocks
- Verifying used blocks
- Deleting status files
- Marking file system consistent