- The portmap service maps RPC services to the ports on which they listen.
- The portmap service was always accessible in ONTAP 9.3 and earlier, became configurable in ONTAP 9.4 through ONTAP 9.6, and is managed automatically starting in ONTAP 9.7.
- In ONTAP 9.3 and earlier, the portmap service (rpcbind) was always accessible on port 111 in network configurations that relied on the built-in ONTAP firewall rather than a third-party firewall.
- From ONTAP 9.4 through ONTAP 9.6, you can modify firewall policies to control whether the portmap service is accessible on particular LIFs.
- Starting in ONTAP 9.7, the portmap firewall service is eliminated. Instead, the portmap port is opened automatically for all LIFs that support the NFS service.
management-portmapservice provide the same portmap service tcp/udp:111.
data-nfsservice is used for data LIF and
management-portmapservice is used for management LIF.
Protocol: Port Numbers