- ONTAP 9.2 and later versions
- ONTAP Select on HCI Storage
- This article describes how to enable inline deduplication on Non-AFF (All Flash FAS) aggregates.
- When enabling inline deduplication on non-AFF systems, you are not seeing any savings returned.
- On Non-AFF systems, inline deduplication is disabled by default.
- To enable inline deduplication on volumes residing within an HDD/all-SSD (non-AFF) aggregate, the following hidden option needs to be set from the nodeshell on both nodes in the HA pair as shown in the procedure below.