- AFF Models
- ONTAP 9.3+
- NetApp PowerShell Toolkit
ONTAP offers a variety of storage efficiencies available for AFF models. At times the actual settings might differ from the best practices for those volumes residing on aggregates on AFF models. This script will check for the following for a NetApp ONTAP 9.3 or newer cluster.
- Aggregate: Must reside on an AFF model. Available in all ONTAP versions that support that AFF model.
- Thin Provisioned: Volume space guarantee set to none and the space guarantee is enabled. Available in all ONTAP versions.
- Online: Volume must be online to participate in efficiency savings. Available in all ONTAP versions.
- Encryption at Aggregate Level or Off: Either encryption is disabled or if enabled the volume is set to aggregate encryption-type. Available in ONTAP 9.6 and newer.
- Efficiency Enabled: Volume efficiency is on. Available in all ONTAP versions.
- Data Compaction Enabled: Available in all ONTAP versions.
- Compression Enabled: Available in all ONTAP versions.
- Inline Compression Enabled: Available in all ONTAP versions.
- Inline Dedupe Enabled: Available in all ONTAP versions.
- Cross Volume Background Dedupe Enabled: Available in ONTAP 9.3 and newer.
- Cross Volume Inline Dedupe Enabled: Available in ONTAP 9.3 and newer.
- Schedule Blank: The volume efficiency schedule is set to "-". Corresponds to the policy being set to auto. Available in ONTAP 9.3 and newer.
- Auto Policy: The volume efficiency policy is set to "auto". Available in ONTAP 9.3 and newer.
- Adaptive Compression Type: The volume efficiency compression-type is set to adaptive. Available in all ONTAP versions.
- Is Prioritized: The volume has not been deprioritized with the auto policy configuration. Available in ONTAP 9.3 and newer.
- Temperature Sensitive Storage Efficiency (TSSE): Available in ONTAP 9.8 and newer. Only present on new volumes created under those releases that are not on FabricPool aggregates.
- Name: The name of the aggregate
- Node: The node where the aggregate resides
- Aggregate Data Reduction Storage Efficiency Ratio: Displays the storage efficiency ratio of the aggregate
- Volume Data Reduction Storage Efficiency Ratio: Displays the storage efficiency ratio of all the volumes in the aggregate
- "Total Data Reduction Efficiency Ratio without snapshots and flexclones" or "Total Data Reduction Efficiency Ratio": Displays the storage efficiency ratio of the aggregate
- Used Space in TiB: Actual used space measured in TiB
- Total Space in TiB: Total space of aggregate measured in TiB
- Effective Capacity of Used Space Multiplied by Total Data Reduction SE Ratio in TiB: The "Used Space in TiB" multiplied by the first number in the "Total Storage Efficiency Ratio" field.
|Volume||SVM||Aggregate||Thin Provisioned||Encryption at Aggregate Level or Off||Efficiency Enabled||Data Compaction Enabled||Compression Enabled||Inline Compression Enabled||Inline Dedupe Enabled||Cross Volume Background Dedupe Enabled||Cross Volume Inline Dedupe Enabled||Schedule Blank||Auto Policy||Adaptive Compression Type||Is Prioritized||Temperature Sensitive Storage Efficiency|
|Name||Node||Aggregate Data Reduction Storage Efficiency Ratio||Volume Data Reduction Storage Efficiency Ratio||Total Data Reduction Storage Efficiency Ratio||Used Space in TiB||Total Space in TiB||Effective Capacity of Used Space Multiplied by Total Data Reduction SE Ratio in TiB|
|Note: This is a community based script and therefore is supported by the community and not within the NetApp support organization.|